Thursday 8 January 2009

Filming of the grand finale


I got up on the hill just after sunrise, however the wind up there was still too strong. I'm not going to try again until Sunday when things are predicted to calm down a bit. The forecast will most likely change between now and then, but that is the plan for now.

Plan B was another location where I could get similar shots. It typically has different wind patterns at any one time, however this was also unsuitable today.

Plan C was to go to another location to practise getting the shot. This proved very sucessful. The location doesn't lend itself to the original goal, but it did allow me to practice the shot and iron out a few problems. So the day was definitely not a loss. I also got some cool footage, and looking at it, I can see a few things I need to work on.

A lot of aspects of the Episode are flexible, however the shot that I'm trying to get is a substaintial part of the grand finale of the Episode, so skimping on this would be a shame.

For the remainder of today, there are some aspects of the title sequence and other supporting material that I'm not totally happy with. So I'm going to work on these.

Tomorrow I'll be doing all the green screen stuff. I'm very pleased with the experimentation I did yesterday. The new method is producing excellent results and gives me so much more freedom with how I can move on set.


No comments:

Post a Comment